The compassionate, patient-focused care of Mt. Auburn OBGYN is expanding further North in the Greater Cincinnati area. The Christ Hospital Medical Center – Liberty Township brings our labor and delivery services closer to residents of Northern Hamilton, Warren and Butler Counties, including Mason, West Chester, Montgomery and the Austin Boulevard area, and we are excited to provide them with world-class comfort.
The Christ Hospital Medical Center – Liberty Township gives our patients a second facility to choose a new, convenient location for delivery. Patients at any of our office locations can be serviced at the new birthing center. We also provide obstetrics services at each office, and our doctors are extremely knowledgeable about pregnancy. For example, Dr. Cirasole just posted an article about preparing for conception.
How is the Family Birthing Center Different?
The Family Birthing Center works in a new and exciting way. Services there are based on the growing laborist model. A laborist is an OBGYN who works exclusively to treat women in labor or to respond to obstetric emergencies. Laborists provide a 24/7 obstetrician presence in order to reduce complications from labor and delivery emergencies.
Another notable difference is that treatment is given in a state-of-the-art, boutique-like environment. Some of the most exciting features include:
- Single-room care in one of nine LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, and post-partum) rooms with kitchenette
- Four private, special care nursery rooms
- Two dedicated Cesarean section (C-Section) birthing rooms
- Gentle C-Section
- The region’s only Cesarean section viewing room, allowing families to be in a room adjacent to the operating room, and watch a planned C-section through a window with prior permission from the doctor
- Hydrotherapy and extra-large showers with seats for moms planning a natural childbirth
- Inpatient and outpatient lactation services
- Room-service style nutrition service
Mt. Auburn doctors who are on staff as part of the laborist model include Dr. Cirasole, Dr. Fitzgerald, Dr. Roberts, Dr. Wendel and Dr. Wiebracht. Their work at the new facility furthers our strong commitment to patients North of the I-275 beltway, which began in 1978 with the opening of our Mason office.
We are happy to provide even more care options for our long-term and new patients across Greater Cincinnati. Our doctors are available to address your health needs and answer any questions you have about the new facility or pregnancy in general. Please call us for more information or to make an appointment today.